This week, I’d like you to write a conventional literary response paper based on the reading attached in the uploaded files. Read pages 25-43 and use one quote or a couple lines from pages 25-43 to respond to the instructions below and write a 1 page literary response. Pages 25-43 is “The Rime of the Ancient Mariner” by Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
How does one produce a good literary response?
1. Apply what you’ve learned this semester about good writing: get the technical and grammatical aspects right (MLA format, quotes, etc.), have a creative title, support assertions with quotes and examples, and write in circular structure, to name a few.
2. The introduction should seize our attention, identify author and title of the work, and contain a thesis that introduces the main point of your response. That main point is really from body paragraph 2 and your conclusion: it should be your take on the poem (you connected to its ideas on crime and punishment or you thought the poem’s themes about atonement give hope).
3. The first body paragraph should provide a summary, using supporting quotes, of the key elements of the poem related to your response. Do NOT summarize the whole poem; instead, summarize the part you’re discussing. What’s happening in this part of the poem (plot)? Which characters are involved? What’s the setting (where and when)? Is there a predominant mood? Provide quotes to support your answers to these questions.
4. The next body paragraph (or more if you wish to write more) should contain your response.
What should you respond to?
Respond to any quote from the story. You can respond to the ideas in the quote and how they relate to your life. You can respond to the art of the quote, such as the sound, circular structure and parallels and how those achievements impacted you. Feel free to playfully ridicule the writing, pointing out flaws (it’s boring, unrealistic, parts are poorly worded, characters are unlikeable, etc.) if you’d like. No matter what you do, you should engage specifics from the literature and make ONE cohesive point, not many, about the poem.
In the past, some students have responded to the poem’s ideas on the human-animal or human-nature themes; others have focused on weddings; still others have focused on ideas such as atonement and ghosts. No matter what, as I said, focus on ONE idea and one key quote.
5. Conclude by circling back to your title and introduction to remind us of your main point and discuss the broader significance of your ideas: why should someone care about the ideas your discussed?
Plagiarism Free Papers
We ensure that all our papers are written from scratch. We deliver original plagiarism-free work. To guarantee this, we submit all work alongside a plagiarism report.
All our papers are completed and submitted before the deadline. We ensure this to provide you with enough time to go through the work and point out any sections or topics that may need revision or polishing. We provide unlimited revision services for free.
All papers have a title page providing your personal and institutional information. We do not charge you for this title page.
All papers have a bibliography or references page. This page is a requirement for academic and professional documents. We provide this page at no cost for all our papers.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworklabs, we guarantee the confidentiality and security of your information. We value our clients and take confidentiality seriously. All personal information is treated with confidentiality and stored safely to ensure that no third parties gain access to it. We also provide original work and attach an originality/plagiarism report alongside all papers.
24/7 Customer Support
Our customer support team is available 24/7 to provide you with any necessary assistance when you need it. You can contact us at any time, day or night, via email or through the live chat button.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We provide our customers with the best experience in the academic and business writing field.
We provide the best quality of service at affordable prices. We also allow our clients to make partial payments for their orders. You can also contact our customer support team in case you need to discuss a different payment plan.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We realize that sometimes clarification is necessary to ensure that quality work is done. Therefore, we provide a button for clients and writers to communicate in case some clarification is needed.
We ensure that we submit all papers ahead of their respective deadlines. This allows you to go through the documents and request any revision, corrections, or polishing before the paper is due.
We encourage customer feedback, positive or negative. We can identify the various areas that we need to improve to provide even better services through your feedback. Please feel free to give us feedback.