This module is reserved for your Paper 2 – Literary Analysis.
(1) Find a short story (any story of your choice) that lends itself to interpretations of race or gender. Choose a story that we have not discussed in the course.
(2) If you want, instead of a short story, you can also choose a novel or a film. Please note, your paper has to be on fiction/literary.
(3) You need to interpret the story by commenting on the plot, themes, symbols, literary techniques like irony and so on, title, characterization and setting, and how they contribute towards the story’s theme(s) of race and gender. You can pick and choose from this list and do not have to include all in your analysis.
(4) This will be a 5 page paper, excluding the ‘Works Cited’ page (12 font size, Times New Roman, and Double-spaced). Format it in the MLA 8th or APA style. Check our Purdue OWL website for more on the formatting.
(5) Your paper must also have a formal title of its own.
(6) Write an Introduction with a thesis statement, construct well-defined paragraphs, and write a conclusion to sum up your discussion.
(7) More importantly, go beyond the plot/story. I want you to interpret the story, and therefore the tone should be persuasive or argumentative. Consider this as an chance to show off your critical thinking and analytical skills. You can discuss themes like race and gender and its representations in your chosen work.
(8) When analyzing themes of race and gender, you can agree or disagree with the author. comment on the stereotypes, or how the character(s) defy it or anything on those lines. You can critique the author as well the text.
(9) Use at least 3 different secondary sources to support your analysis. Extra credit will be given for those who use at least 2 printed secondary sources instead of relying only on the web. Also, you need to use textual examples/quotes to support your argument.
(10) If you cannot find critical articles specifically for your chosen text, you may use something that is related to your analysis in a broader sense. Please check with the librarian for more resources. There is also tutoring facilities available in our library for this purpose. Please make use of these resources.
Check the sample paper to get an idea. If you need help with any of this, feel free to email me or meet with a tutor in our Palisano Writing Center.
Due Date : Nov 30
Plagiarism Free Papers
We ensure that all our papers are written from scratch. We deliver original plagiarism-free work. To guarantee this, we submit all work alongside a plagiarism report.
All our papers are completed and submitted before the deadline. We ensure this to provide you with enough time to go through the work and point out any sections or topics that may need revision or polishing. We provide unlimited revision services for free.
All papers have a title page providing your personal and institutional information. We do not charge you for this title page.
All papers have a bibliography or references page. This page is a requirement for academic and professional documents. We provide this page at no cost for all our papers.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworklabs, we guarantee the confidentiality and security of your information. We value our clients and take confidentiality seriously. All personal information is treated with confidentiality and stored safely to ensure that no third parties gain access to it. We also provide original work and attach an originality/plagiarism report alongside all papers.
24/7 Customer Support
Our customer support team is available 24/7 to provide you with any necessary assistance when you need it. You can contact us at any time, day or night, via email or through the live chat button.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We provide our customers with the best experience in the academic and business writing field.
We provide the best quality of service at affordable prices. We also allow our clients to make partial payments for their orders. You can also contact our customer support team in case you need to discuss a different payment plan.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We realize that sometimes clarification is necessary to ensure that quality work is done. Therefore, we provide a button for clients and writers to communicate in case some clarification is needed.
We ensure that we submit all papers ahead of their respective deadlines. This allows you to go through the documents and request any revision, corrections, or polishing before the paper is due.
We encourage customer feedback, positive or negative. We can identify the various areas that we need to improve to provide even better services through your feedback. Please feel free to give us feedback.