Part 1: Introduction (<½ page; may have references but not required)
· You should start with a sentence about MAiD and the upcoming changes to the law.
· You then need to clearly identify your stance on whether or not you support the extension of MAiD to advance requests.
· You will finish with some information about what you will do in the paper.
Part 2: Stating and Supporting Your Stance About Expansion of MAiD (<1½ pages)
· In this section, you will argue your stance or against the expansion of MAiD legislation that will allow for MAiD to be carried out under an advance request.
· You will clearly state your stance with regard to supporting this change or not supporting it.
· Then, you will use an ethical theory – either utilitarianism or deontology – to support your stance:
o You need to clearly identify the main focus of your chosen theory and then link that focus to your own stance.
o For example, if you are arguing against the proposed changes then you might discuss how utilitarianism can leave parts of a population vulnerable and how this expansion could be the start of a slippery slope.
o You need a reference for the chosen ethical theory, scholarly source that is not just a website; source does not need to be written by a nurse; published <10 years ago.
· You will then continue to support your stance by discussing x3 ethical values from the CNO (2019e) ethics standard:
o You need only use the broader description for each of the 3 ethical values rather than having to discuss associated behavioural directives.
o You may, however, use specific behavioural directives (BDs) to support your stance: you would then need to make sure you clearly identify and reference each BD.
· You may use additional sources, as long as you remain within the maximum 6 references allowed for this paper.
Part 3: Identifying Own Involvement if MAiD Under an Advance Request (<1 pages)
· In this section, you will consider what your actions are likely to be as an RN if/when you are involved in a situation with MAiD approved for a patient under an advance request.
· You need to consider the timeframe between (1) when the patient had been approved as eligible for MAiD (so could be reasonably stable; MAiD planned for future) and (2) the actual time that the procedure is being carried out (no longer capable of giving final approval); your actions may be different depending on the specific circumstances.
· You will use the CNA (2017b) and the CNO (2018a) documents about nurses and MAiD to discuss the ways in which you think you may or may not be involved when a patient has been approved for MAiD under an advance request.
· You need to provide rationale for your chosen future actions and ensure that your proposed actions would fit with the current CNA and CNO expectations for RNs – but also while assuming that the CNA and the CNO would change the criteria for eligibility to match the changes that are proposed to the MAiD legislation.
· You may use additional sources, as long as you remain within the maximum 8 references allowed for this paper.
Other Important Information
· Your minimum number of references should be 3: CNA (2017b), CNO (2018a, 2019e), Federal government news release about changes to MAiD, reference re chosen ethical theory.
· Remember that ‘a’, ‘b’, etc. is only used when multiple references within a paper that have the same authors + year.
these 3 reference have to be used
Canadian Nurses Association. (2017b). National nursing framework on medical assistance in dying in Canada. https://cna-aiic.ca/~/media/cna/page-content/pdf-en/cna-national-nursing-framework-on-maid.pdf?la=en
· College of Nurses of Ontario. (2018a). Guidance on nurses’ roles in medical assistance in dying. http://cno.org/globalassets/docs/prac/41056-guidance-on-nurses-roles-in-maid.pdf
· College of Nurses of Ontario. (2019e). Practice standard: Ethics. http://cno.org/globalassets/docs/prac/41034_ethics.pdf
· You will not use direct quotes anywhere in this paper. But a specific page number is still required in the body of your paper for all references; if using a range then limit to 2pp.
· You are definitely meant to use first person, so “I” when following APA if it makes sense in the context of your writing. For this paper, you should be using the first-person type narrative as appropriate. I would expect to see you use ‘I’ in three main areas: (1) the introduction when identifying your stance and noting what you will do in this paper, (2) in section when identifying your stance and using evidence to support your stance, and (3) in section when discussing your own involvement when MAiD is planned or provided under an advance request.
Plagiarism Free Papers
We ensure that all our papers are written from scratch. We deliver original plagiarism-free work. To guarantee this, we submit all work alongside a plagiarism report.
All our papers are completed and submitted before the deadline. We ensure this to provide you with enough time to go through the work and point out any sections or topics that may need revision or polishing. We provide unlimited revision services for free.
All papers have a title page providing your personal and institutional information. We do not charge you for this title page.
All papers have a bibliography or references page. This page is a requirement for academic and professional documents. We provide this page at no cost for all our papers.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworklabs, we guarantee the confidentiality and security of your information. We value our clients and take confidentiality seriously. All personal information is treated with confidentiality and stored safely to ensure that no third parties gain access to it. We also provide original work and attach an originality/plagiarism report alongside all papers.
24/7 Customer Support
Our customer support team is available 24/7 to provide you with any necessary assistance when you need it. You can contact us at any time, day or night, via email or through the live chat button.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We provide our customers with the best experience in the academic and business writing field.
We provide the best quality of service at affordable prices. We also allow our clients to make partial payments for their orders. You can also contact our customer support team in case you need to discuss a different payment plan.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We realize that sometimes clarification is necessary to ensure that quality work is done. Therefore, we provide a button for clients and writers to communicate in case some clarification is needed.
We ensure that we submit all papers ahead of their respective deadlines. This allows you to go through the documents and request any revision, corrections, or polishing before the paper is due.
We encourage customer feedback, positive or negative. We can identify the various areas that we need to improve to provide even better services through your feedback. Please feel free to give us feedback.