Interpersonal Interview Paper
This paper will be based on an interview you conduct with someone who is outside of your ‘culture’ and with whom you are relatively unfamiliar. If you need guidance identifying someone, I am happy to help.
The goal of your paper is to interview an individual who is outside of your ‘culture’. This could be someone from a different ethnicity, religious background, gender, age, etc. It would also be preferable if you were relatively unfamiliar with the individual. The paper should be 5 to 7 double-spaced typed pages (1 inch margins) and must cover the points outlined below. Basic college writing standards must be met. The paper should follow APA formatting standards, so if you are unfamiliar please consult this website: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
PAPER Requirements: cover all of the points outlined below in a well-written format, including correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
1. Begin with an introductory paragraph that briefly describes the individual you will be discussing. Give me as much background as I need to understand the cultural aspect you are analyzing.
2. At the end of your introductory paragraph, state your thesis (what you will be covering in your paper), and connect it to an idea relevant to cross-cultural psychology.
3. In the body of your paper, be sure that you discuss in detail the responses from your interviewee and how they relate to various concepts/theories from cross-cultural psychology. If you are unsure where to start, look at some of the readings/activities we have done from guidance. Further, you should contrast the interviewee’s experience from your own and in detail connect that to cross-cultural psychology. At least 2 outside sources (including articles, websites, etc.) should be utilized.
4. Your paper should end with a concluding paragraph. In this paragraph, return to your thesis and summarize your paper. In addition, be sure to explain what you learned from the experience and how it has shaped your understanding of cross-cultural psychology.
5. Proofread your paper carefully and read it out loud. There should be no slang (i.e., “hung out,” “pissed off”), and eliminate all contractions by writing out the full words (i.e., “don’t” should be “do not”). As you read out loud you will pick up mistakes in grammar and punctuation.
Tips for Interpersonal Interview Paper
Things you may want to cover:
– Identify whether of not the individual’s culture is a traditional or nontraditional culture and provide specific information that supports your argument.
– The paper could examine the concepts of power distance, uncertainty orientation, and collectivism/individualism paradigms. When describing these concepts, please provide specific examples from the person you interview.
-Here are some tips on questions to ask to help you write your paper:
• Do a profile of the person with their cultural identity and how they define themselves. Get an idea of what they do, why they do it – kind of a basic overview or snapshot of their life.
• Ask about traditions, customs and practices o Ask about examples of traditions and customs, what it was like growing up with them o If applicable, ask about how the traditions they observe or practice fall into place on a traditional/nontraditional scale – for example there could be a difference as to how things in the USA are celebrated versus their cultural origin
• Learn about the power distance, uncertainty orientation, and collectivism/individualism paradigms by asking about how their families are set up and the dynamics, how people interact with each other, class systems, etc. (refer to The Hofstede Dimensions)
• Another facet of the paper is to ”examine one other concept either motivation for behavior or the socialization process for that particular individual”
o Basically try to get some insight as to how people socialize within this culture or what motivates their behavior, as far as their career/personal aspirations go or even principles they base their actions on (as a culture and at their individual level), by asking for examples
· Examples are definitely key so make sure you have plenty to work from when interviewing your person, even if you get too many you can trim out extra information when writing your paper. Also remember these tips are just tips not necessarily a checklist, and even though they definitely help you fulfill the paper requirements you can still be creative.
-If you have any questions or concerns – feel free to email me!
Plagiarism Free Papers
We ensure that all our papers are written from scratch. We deliver original plagiarism-free work. To guarantee this, we submit all work alongside a plagiarism report.
All our papers are completed and submitted before the deadline. We ensure this to provide you with enough time to go through the work and point out any sections or topics that may need revision or polishing. We provide unlimited revision services for free.
All papers have a title page providing your personal and institutional information. We do not charge you for this title page.
All papers have a bibliography or references page. This page is a requirement for academic and professional documents. We provide this page at no cost for all our papers.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworklabs, we guarantee the confidentiality and security of your information. We value our clients and take confidentiality seriously. All personal information is treated with confidentiality and stored safely to ensure that no third parties gain access to it. We also provide original work and attach an originality/plagiarism report alongside all papers.
24/7 Customer Support
Our customer support team is available 24/7 to provide you with any necessary assistance when you need it. You can contact us at any time, day or night, via email or through the live chat button.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We provide our customers with the best experience in the academic and business writing field.
We provide the best quality of service at affordable prices. We also allow our clients to make partial payments for their orders. You can also contact our customer support team in case you need to discuss a different payment plan.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We realize that sometimes clarification is necessary to ensure that quality work is done. Therefore, we provide a button for clients and writers to communicate in case some clarification is needed.
We ensure that we submit all papers ahead of their respective deadlines. This allows you to go through the documents and request any revision, corrections, or polishing before the paper is due.
We encourage customer feedback, positive or negative. We can identify the various areas that we need to improve to provide even better services through your feedback. Please feel free to give us feedback.