“From the Dark Tower” by Countee Cullen (1922)
1) Why do you think both of these authors make allusion (reference) to the Bible? or
Why do you think both of these authors make allusion to planting and harvesting? (3-4 sentences)
2)The fruit is described as “golden” and “bursting.” What are the connotations/implications of these words? What is the quality of the fruit? (3-4 sentences)
3) In plain language, what is Cullen referring to when he says: “plant[ing] while others reap”? What does he mean? Does he have hope that this will ever end? Where do you see evidence of this? (3-4 sentences with textual evidence)
4) In the second stanza, Cullen says the dark of the night is just as beautiful as the light of the stars. What is he really (symbolically) saying here, and why was that such a groundbreaking thing to say for the time period? (3-4 sentences)
“A Black Man Talks of Reaping” by Arna Bontemps (1926)
5) Summarize the second stanza (“I scattered seed…but for my reaping…”) in one to two understandable sentences.
6) The speaker says that what he has been planted is being harvested by others “stalk and root.” What are the connotations/implications of the use of “root” here? (2-3 sentences)
7) Explain what the speaker means by saying that “my children glean in fields they have not sown.” What is the difference in meaning between gleaning and harvesting (reaping)? (2-3 sentences)
Plagiarism Free Papers
We ensure that all our papers are written from scratch. We deliver original plagiarism-free work. To guarantee this, we submit all work alongside a plagiarism report.
All our papers are completed and submitted before the deadline. We ensure this to provide you with enough time to go through the work and point out any sections or topics that may need revision or polishing. We provide unlimited revision services for free.
All papers have a title page providing your personal and institutional information. We do not charge you for this title page.
All papers have a bibliography or references page. This page is a requirement for academic and professional documents. We provide this page at no cost for all our papers.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworklabs, we guarantee the confidentiality and security of your information. We value our clients and take confidentiality seriously. All personal information is treated with confidentiality and stored safely to ensure that no third parties gain access to it. We also provide original work and attach an originality/plagiarism report alongside all papers.
24/7 Customer Support
Our customer support team is available 24/7 to provide you with any necessary assistance when you need it. You can contact us at any time, day or night, via email or through the live chat button.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We provide our customers with the best experience in the academic and business writing field.
We provide the best quality of service at affordable prices. We also allow our clients to make partial payments for their orders. You can also contact our customer support team in case you need to discuss a different payment plan.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We realize that sometimes clarification is necessary to ensure that quality work is done. Therefore, we provide a button for clients and writers to communicate in case some clarification is needed.
We ensure that we submit all papers ahead of their respective deadlines. This allows you to go through the documents and request any revision, corrections, or polishing before the paper is due.
We encourage customer feedback, positive or negative. We can identify the various areas that we need to improve to provide even better services through your feedback. Please feel free to give us feedback.